Moritz presented a session about live and on-demand media streaming, called "How to create a media streaming app with SwiftUI and AWS" at the NSSpain 2021: Remote Edition conference, which was held as an online, continuous 36 hours event on November 18th & 19th, 2021.
You can watch the entire session here:
Some articles on Create with Swift provide additional information about using the AVPlayer with SwiftUI and how to use HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) in your development projects. Feel free to explore them as well:
- Developing A Media Streaming App Using SwiftUI In 7 Days
- HLS Streaming with AVKit and SwiftUI
- Switching between HLS streams with AVKit
- Using HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) for live and on‐demand audio and video
- Implementing Picture-In-Picture with AVKit and SwiftUI
- Custom video player with AVKit and SwiftUI supporting Picture-In-Picture
Additionally, we created a Github repository with sample code to illustrate the VideoPlayer implementation on multiple levels of complexity, from simple video playback to monitoring playback buffers to switch to lower resolution streams based on network conditions.
To push the boundaries of what can be achieved with AVPlayer and the simplistic VideoPlayer view in SwiftUI, we also explored how to create a custom video player for usage with SwiftUI that supports Picture-in-Picture. You can find the corresponding repository here:
This article is part of a series of articles derived from the presentation "How to create a media streaming app with SwiftUI and AWS" presented at the NSSpain 2021 conference on November 18-19, 2021.